A Collection of Web Pages About Becoming a Computer Programmer
In this post, I have included a collection of webpages I found interesting and useful, to give you an overview of what is needed to become a computer programmer, but first, a few brief points to consider.
In my earlier years, I enjoyed programming computers. It was a thrill for me to control how a computer operated. I learned on my own and enjoyed it very much. As a programmer you change the way you think and how you approach problems.
When I was programming, people would ask me for custom programs. I would jump at the chance to create programs according to their specification and I would add bonus modules and functions for them. I was very successful at it.
These days I don’t program much anymore. If I need something major programmed, I’ll outsource it. What got me out of programming was the fact that I felt I was in prison because of the support.
You can create a program today but you’re still responsible for it 10 years later, and the day I decided to relocate, I felt like I was in prison and couldn’t leave these people stranded. Back in those days, there wasn’t anything called remote access. So I gave all my clients the source codes and did what I could to keep them going before I got out of the business of programming.
If you’re considering a career as a programmer you may or may not run into this issue of ongoing support. This may appeal to you and you can charge for it, plus you can log in remotely if needed, and that makes your job a lot easier.
Another issue to know of with computer programming is when an operating system changes you might have to update your code. If your code is a few years old, it’ll be difficult to go through it because as a programmer you get better at coding with experience.
If you go back a few years to something you coded, you might ask yourself, Why did I do this way, It would have been better to do it this way, and you end up rewriting a lot of your code. Even if your code is well documented, it’s still challenging updating old code.
Other than the two issues above, it’s a great job. Have a look at the resources I’ve included in this post that will give you a strong overview of what to expect from a career in computer programming.
Sections Included In This Post:
- How To Become A Computer Programmer
- What To Know Before Becoming a Computer Programmer
- A Day in the Life of A Computer Programmer
- The Pros and Cons of Being A Computer Programmer
- Qualities of A Great Computer Programmer
- Skill Requirements of a Computer Programmer
- Computer Programmer Job Duties
- Computer Programmer Education – Schools and Certification
- Computer Programming Trends/Statistics
- Computer Programmer Salary
- Computer Programmer Resume Tips
- Computer Programmer Job Interview Questions
- Computer Programmer Job Interview Tips
- Computer Programming Trade Publications
- Computer Programming Blogs To Follow
- Computer Programmers To Follow Online
- Famous Computer Programmers
- TV Shows Related To Computer Programming
- Computer Programming Associations
- FAQs Related To Computer Programmer Jobs
- Computer Programming Job Opportunities
- Self Employment Ideas Related to Computer Programming
- The Latest About Computer Programming
- Books Related To Computer Programming
- Tweets Related To Computer Programming
- Videos Related To Computer Programming
If you find this post useful, please share it or bookmark it for future use.
How To Become A Computer Programmer
What To Know Before Becoming a Computer Programmer
A Day in the Life of A Computer Programmer
The Pros and Cons of Being A Computer Programmer
Qualities of A Great Computer Programmer
Skill Requirements of a Computer Programmer
Computer Programmer Job Duties
Computer Programmer Education – Schools and Certification
Computer Programming Trends/Statistics
Computer Programmer Salary
Computer Programmer Resume Tips
Computer Programmer Job Interview Questions
Computer Programmer Job Interview Tips
Computer Programming Trade Publications
Computer Programming Blogs To Follow
Computer Programmers To Follow Online
Famous Computer Programmers
TV Shows Related To Computer Programming
Computer Programming Associations
FAQs Related To Computer Programmer Jobs
Computer Programming Job Opportunities At:
Self Employment Ideas Related to Computer Programming :
Become A Blogger And Cover Topics Related To The Computer Programming Industry – See Our Page On How To Become A Professional Blogger
Become A Freelance And Provide Services Related To Computer Programmer – See Our Page For Becoming A Freelancer
Provide Consulting Services Related To Computer Programming – See How to Start a Computer Consulting Business
Become an Affiliate Marketer and sell products and services in the Computer Programming industry – See Our Page On How To Become An Affiliate Marketer
Become An Instructional Designer and provide educational courses for the Computer Programming Industry – See Our Page On Becoming An Instructional Designer
Start Your Own Business In The Computer Programming Industry – See Our Page For How To Start A Computer Repair Business