A Collection of Pages About Becoming An Insurance Broker
As an insurance broker, you’ll be working with insurance companies and clients. You’ll help insurance companies gain new customers and you’ll be working for clients to get them the best coverage and prices.
When you take care of your clients, word travels and you start to get referrals. Trust me I know. I have an agent that proved to go above and beyond when I needed commercial insurance. I have referred him to people I know on many different occasions.
I have been offered insurance by other brokers. I won’t even consider using a different broker because the level of service and commitment is so good with my current broker.
Your level of service and commitment is one way to become a great broker.
As a broker your responsibilities may include:
- Promoting new and existing products to your clients.
- Find the best coverage at the best price for your clients.
- Going over and explaining policies to your clients
- Processing insurance forms and policies.
- Investigating clients for accuracy.
- Inspecting vehicles and homes and arranging for medical exams.
- Keeping excellent records to build a client’s history and keep track of claims.
- Assessing risks, such as property location, driving records, medical history, etc.
- Working with adjusters.
- Calculating payment plans, methods, and premiums.
- Coordinating and processing payments.
- Performing administrative tasks.
- More In The Resources To Follow.
As with any career, your considering make sure you are getting into a career for the right reason, and that reason shouldn’t be for the money.
For example, if you are making one hundred thousand a year from your career but the job is stressful, taking a toll on your family, your health, and you’re miserable doing this type of work, then is it really worth it?
On the other hand, if you’re making fifty thousand a year and you love your job, have time to spend with your family and you feel good all the time, then which is more valuable?
With any a career, you’re in, if you have a passion for the work you’re doing, you’ll excel at that work and be much more productive compared to a job you’re not passionate about. All that being said, if you have a choice, look for work you’re passionate about, you’ll be much better off.
The second important point I want to make is if you can find an insurance agent to shadow, you’ll get an inside view of what you’re in for and get some hands-on experience before you invest the time and money required to get certified.
If you can’t find an agent to shadow, you may be able to find one that you can interview. Either way, if you find an agent be sure to prepare your questions beforehand so you make the most out of the time you have with them while respecting their time by not wasting it.
Have a look at the hand-picked resources I have selected for this post that will give you a strong overview of what you can expect from a career as an insurance agent.
Take the time necessary to go through the resources. Even if you spent a few hours. By the time you’re finished, you’ll know if you want to pursue this career further or if you may be better suited for a different career.
Sections Included In This Post:
- How To Become An Insurance Broker
- Trends, Statistics and Job Overview For An Insurance Broker
- What To Know Before Becoming An Insurance Broker
- A Day In The Life of An Insurance Broker
- Traits of A Good Insurance Broker
- Salary For An Insurance Broker
- Getting The Job
- Resume Tips For A Insurance Broker
- Job Interview Questions For An Insurance Broker
- Tools For An Insurance Broker
- Glossary and Terms Related To Insurance Broker
- Industry Related Trade Publications
- Tips And Insights Related To Insurance Brokers
- Insurance Broker Blogs
- Insurance Brokers To Follow Online
- TV Shows and Movies Related To Insurance Brokers
- Insurance Broker Job Opportunities
- Courses Related To Insurance Brokers
- Books Related to Insurance Brokers
- The Latest About Insurance Brokers
- Latest Search Results Related To Insurance Brokers
- Latest News Related To Insurance Brokers
- Tweets Related To Insurance Brokers
- Videos Related To Insurance Brokers
If you find this post useful please consider sharing it!