A Collection of Resources About Becoming A Security Guard
This post contains tips and advice from a variety of authors, each providing their own insights related to becoming a security guard, but first, a few brief points to consider.
As a security guard, you will be the eyes and ears of the company you are guarding. You may have the following duties:
- Monitor, allow, and record the entrance and the departure of employees and visitors.
- Write reports of activities and irregularities that occur.
- Inspect authorized and unauthorized entrance to the premises.
- Contact authorities in case of an emergency.
- Answer phones during non-business operations.
- Monitor security cameras for irregularities.
- Warn people during an emergency.
- Evict people when necessary.
- More in the resources to follow.
For any career you considering, It’s always my recommendation to get into a career for the right reasons. One of those reasons is you want a career you’re interested in and have a passion for. You don’t want a career that makes you miserable or stresses you out.
If you have the opportunity, find a security guard that will allow you to shadow them to get a bit of hands-on experience. If that’s not an option look for a security guard to interview, which will give you an overview of the career and answer questions you have.
Have a look at the resources I have included in this post to give you an overview of what a career as a security guard includes