A Collection of Articles To Tell The Story of ExxonMobil
The history of ExxonMobil is that of a true corporate giant. It all started when John D. Rockefeller and partners formed the Standard Oil Company in 1870. Because of their influence, this team of businessmen controlled 95% of the refining capacity in the United States, in just 8 years from when the company was established. In the upcoming years, they would split the company up because of anti-monopoly laws.
Today this company is an American multinational oil and gas corporation with its headquarters in Irving Texas. It’s one of the largest in the world’s oil companies and is the largest refinery in the world, a title associated with standard oil since 1870.
Some Interesting Facts Include:
- An 80 Billion dollar deal was completed between Exxon and Mobil during the merger of 1999.
- Researchers at ExxonMobil discovered rubbing alcohol.
- The Wright brothers used fuel and lubricant from ExxonMobil.
- Amelia Earhart’s solo flight across the Atlantic used fuel from ExxonMobil.
- Pan Am’s first commercial continental flight from New York to London also used ExxonMobil fuel.
- The oil reserves of the company can last up to 14 years.
- ExxonMobil employs over 70,000 people.
- More interesting facts in the resources below.
Have a look at the long history of this corporation in the resources below including its business strategies, facts, revenues, successes, and failures.