Balancing Work and Play During A Business Trip
Naturally, when traveling for work, you have work-related things to do, but after work, you are free to do as you please.
Here are a few brief tips to make the most of your work trip
- It’s a benefit to do some sightseeing after work. Especially if you travel to the same destination multiple times because you’ll become more familiar with the area for the next time you are there.
- When you’re familiar with the area, it’s a conversation starter with the people you’re dealing with during your visit, plus it’s nice to know your way around the area
- Focus on the job you were sent to do; once you are on track you can enjoy the trip when opportunities arise
- Schedule your day because when you’re traveling for work, you are usually out of your routine, and when that happens, it’s challenging to stay focused on what you need to do. When you’re off your routine, you lose a lot of time trying to figure out what to do next
- Create daily goals so that you’re clear on what you need to do, and to complete your most important tasks
- Ensure you have digital or hard copies of your most important documents, in case of loss or theft during your trip
- More in the resources to follow
The resources in this post focus on tips for balancing work and travel. Before you plan your next trip, take some time to go over the resources to make the most out of your next business trip.