Giving A Great Presentation
Further down the page, you’ll find a collection of articles that offer a wealth of information related to giving a good presentation, but first, a few brief points to consider.
A great presentation can make you look like a superstar while helping those in the audience. Here are a few points that come to mind for your presentation.
- Focus on the material. If you know the material, you’ll have a better chance of providing a great presentation.
- Understand your audience. If you know who will attend your presentation and their level of knowledge, you can fine-tune the material to match your audience.
- Make sure the material is clear and accurate.
- Organize your presentation for smooth transitions between sections.
- Offer summaries for each section when possible.
- Get your audience involved in the presentation, ask questions as you are presenting.
- Before your presentation do a practice run with a friend or coworker to catch errors and check how the content flows.
- Speak clearly.
- Adjust your speed depending on the understanding of your audience. Ask if you are going to fast or too slow.
- Keep it professional but you don’t want to be boring a little tasteful humor won’t hurt.
- Encourage your audience to ask questions if they don’t understand something.
- More in the resources below!