A Collection of Web Pages About Improving Your Speaking Skills
How To Improve Your Speaking Skills
I have selected hand-picked resources for this post related to improving your speaking skills, but first, a few brief points.
Do any of the following apply to you?
- You have a hard time speaking to others.
- You find it difficult to get your point across.
- You’re uncomfortable speaking to people.
- You find it difficult to start a conversation with new people.
- You have great ideas but stumble to find the right words.
If most of the above applies to you, then you can benefit from the resources I have selected for this post. These resources offer practical tips you can use to improve your speaking skills today. Before you get to the resources, I have one idea to share that helped me improve my speaking and presentation skills I want to share.
When I was younger, I was very shy, and I wouldn’t be caught dead speaking to a group of people and didn’t care to make conversation. Today I still don’t care much for conversation, but I don’t have a problem speaking up in meetings or while training people, me, the guy that won’t be caught dead doing so years ago.
Sometimes I wonder what happened, was there some kind of miracle? The answer is no, and I discovered it’s all about the material. See if you know what you’re talking about and if your good at what you do, you’ll find it easier to speak to a group.
I can speak to the VP of a department and disagree because I know what I’m talking about. When you know your stuff, you can speak, and they will listen. I can conduct training and speak in front of 30 to 40 people with no problem.
I haven’t had to address a larger group, but if I was required to so, I think I could. I’m sure it’s because I know what I’m talking about. Here’s the proof, if you put in front of 30-40 people and ask me to speak about a topic I don’t know anything about, then it’s back to the old shy me. But at the same time that shy old me did speak with VP’s, did train 30-40 people, just because I knew the topic better than anyone else.
Now for the resources, I mentioned before. Have a look at the sections included in this post that can help you become better at speaking to others, whether they are in a group or one to one. Take some time to use the information so you can benefit from the knowledge these authors share with you,
Sections Included In This Post:
- Improving Your Speaking Skills
- Different Ways To Communicate
- How To Improve Communication Skills In The Workplace
- Apps To Improve Communication Skills
- The Fear of Speaking
- The Latest About Speaking Skills
- Books Related To Speaking Skills
- Courses Related To Speaking Skills
- Tweets Related To Speaking Skills
- Videos Related To Speaking Skills
If you find this post useful, please share it or bookmark it for future use.