10 Tips For Outbound Linking
1. When Do You Use Nofollow on Links?1. Link to quality content only.
2. When linking, think of your audience – would it be helpful to them? if yes, link. if not, don’t link.
3. When mentioning a resource add a link to it not just a mention.
4. When considering a link consider it a vote – would your vote for it? if not, don’t link to it.
5. When considering a link focus on people not search engines.
6. When linking to something add a snippet when so people know what to expect.
7. Links are always changing – check for broken links on a consistent basis.
8. When considering opening the link in a new window or tab think of what’s best for the user.
9. When considering how many links should be on the page focus on what’s best for the user.
10. When you receive a link request go over the tips above.
A Collection of Web Pages About Outbound Links
Outbound Links Best Practices
External Links | Learn SEO – Moz
External Links are hyperlinks that point at (target) any domain other than the domain the link exists on (source).
In layman’s terms, if another website links to you, this is considered an external link to your site. Similarly, if you link out to another website, this is also considered an external link.
Use descriptive keywords in anchor text that reflect the same topic or keywords the target page is trying to target…More at http://moz.com
Linking Internally and Externally from Your Site – Dangers, Opportunities, Risk and Reward – Moz
In today’s Whiteboard Friday, Rand talks about the ins and outs of linking internally and externally, identifying pitfalls and opportunities both.
Howdy, Moz fans, and welcome to another edition of Whiteboard Friday.
This week we’re chatting about linking externally and linking internally, and some of the risks and rewards that are involved…More at http://moz.com
Why and How to Use Outbound Links
Unless you are already recognized as the foremost world expert on the topic you’re writing about, chances are you got your information from somewhere else.
And using external links to provide more information and references is important to show that your site has credible information.
And a site with credible information is one that readers will want to come back to for more analysis and information in the future…More at http://lifewire.com
Outbound Linking Best Practices | Are Outbound Links Important?
Linking to credible sources does not turn customers away — in fact, it makes them trust you more.
Outbound linking should provide your readers with reliable, extra information from sources that Google would deem trustworthy and valuable.
Here’s how we define quality outbound links…More at http://rankfirstlocal.com