10 Tips For Outbound Linking
1. When Do You Use Nofollow on Links?1. Link to quality
2. When linking, think of your audience – would it be helpful to them? if yes, link. if not, don’t link.
3. When mentioning a resource add a link to it not just a mention.
4. When considering a link consider it a vote – would your vote for it? if not, don’t link to it.
5. When considering a link focus on people not search engines.
6. When linking to something add a snippet when so people know what to expect.
7. Links are always changing – check for
broken links on a consistent basis.
8. When considering opening the link in a new window or tab think of what’s best for the user.
9. When considering how many links should be on the page focus on what’s best for the user.
10. When you receive a link request go over the tips above.
A Collection of Web Pages About Outbound Links Outbound Links Best Practices External Links | Learn SEO – Moz Linking Internally and Externally from Your Site – Dangers, Opportunities, Risk and Reward – Moz Why and How to Use Outbound Links Outbound Linking Best Practices | Are Outbound Links Important? Do Outbound Links Matter For SEO? How Outbound Link Improves Your Blog Authority & Ranking Do outbound links matter for SEO? – Yoast What Are External Links and How to Use Them Properly? Do Outbound Links Affect SEO? Fix your outbound link problem in a single workday – Search Engine Land When Do You Use Nofollow on Links? Stop! Think twice before using nofollow on your website – Search Engine Land Should You Nofollow All External Links From Your Site? The Latest About Best Practices For Using Outbound Links Google Searches Latest Searches For Best Practices For Using Outbound Links News Latest News About Best Practices For Using Outbound Links Social Twitter Tweets Related To Best Practices For Using Outbound Links YouTube Videos Related To Best Practices For Using Outbound Links VIDEO