Checklist Before the Grand Opening
This is a checklist to help you get your store ready for business. It assumes you are ready to open soon, you have a plan in place, you have your inventory ready and most of your planning is complete. You just want to make sure you haven’t missed anything important.
Setting Up Shop Checklist:
- Your electrical wiring is in place and has been tested.
- Your air conditioner and heat are setup and working.
- Your flooring is finished, treated, and clean.
- You have set up shelving in a way that is convenient for customers.
- Lighting is sufficient.
- Your decor that complements your business theme along with necessary furniture is complete.
- Your computer system and CRM system is tested and running.
- Security System in place and has been tested.
- You have the proper signs for your store, inside as well as outside.
- The windows are clean.
- Your cash register has been tested and is working.
- Checklist Before the Grand Opening
- You have your float (cash) ready.
- You have bags ready for your customers.
- Your staff is trained and ready.
- Your shelves are stocked and items priced.
- Your inventory is accurate and in the system.
- Your store is certified and all safety regulations are in place.
- Your place of business is up to code according to your municipality.
- You have obtained all the proper permits for your business.
- You have your policies in place and have made your staff aware of them
- You have a grand opening plan in place