Checklist for Opening Your Retail Business
This is a checklist to help you get your store ready for business (not in any particular order). This checklist is assuming you are ready to open soon, you have a plan in place, you have your inventory ready and most of your planning is complete. You just want to make sure you haven’t missed anything important.
Setting Up Shop Checklist:
- Your electrical wiring and appliances are all in place and working
- Your flooring is finished, treated, and clean
- You have set up shelving in a way that is convenient for customers.
- Lighting is sufficient
- Your decor that complements your business theme along with necessary furniture is complete
- Your computer system and CRM system is tested and running
- Security System in place and has been tested
- You have the proper signs for your store, inside as well as outside
- The windows are clean
- Your cash resisters work. Do a test run
- You have your float (cash) ready
- Your credit card terminals work properly
- You have bags ready for products purchased
- Your staff is trained and ready
- Your shelves are stocked and items priced
- Your store is has certified safety regulations in place
- Your place of business is up to code according to your municipality
- You have obtained all the proper permits for your business.
- You have your policies in place and have made your staff aware of them
- Your establishment is safe for employees and customers
- You have a grand opening plan in place