How to Start a Beauty Supply Business
Some of the oldest products made and sold all over the world revolve around beauty.
Beauty supplies and products are as old as Cleopatra and the return to natural products continues to increase due to allergies and opposition to animal testing.
While highly competitive, the beauty industry continues to flourish in various sectors and all over the world. Thus, the industry grows as well.
There are basically four areas:
The two keys to success are a passion for beauty products and finding a niche that fills a particular need or demand.
- Knowledge of chemicals as well as herbs and botanicals.
- Marketing and promotion.
- Applied sciences such as reactions of combined chemical or natural bases.
- Inventory management.
- Sales and marketing to retail outlets.
- Labeling and packaging of products.
- Taking and delivering orders.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Checking store displays, making sure stock is sufficient in retail outlets.
- Common Business Skills.
Hours of Operation:
If you have a brick and mortar establishment, your hours will generally be retailers hours of 10 am to 6 pm. If you are an affiliate or home party franchise, your hours will vary.