Overview of The Drug Testing Business:
Companies may use your drug testing services to check whether or not current or potential employees are under the influence of drugs.
This is becoming a necessity in businesses that require a large amount of responsibility.
This service is a low-cost startup and there is very little overhead to operate. By simply ordering your supplies and driving to businesses that request your services, you will be able to run a successful and profitable service.
- Take specimens for analysis
- Report findings to physicians and/or companies
- Transport specimens in proper temperature and non-tamper environments
- Label and track specimens according to a protocol
- Knowledge of medical procedures
- Knowledge of drug interactions and specimen evaluations
- Knowledge of the medical industry
- Knowledge of drug screening procedures
- List of Common Business Skills
Employee & Job Consideration During The Start-Up Phase Or In The Future:
- Common Staff Positions Needed To A Business
Approximate Daily Hours Needed:
offer 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. service; however, they may extend their hours if a client wants testing done on a second or third shift.
Equipment, Supplies, & Services During Start-up OR In The Future:
- THC/Marijuana Test Spray
- Alcohol Saliva Screen Test
- Urine Amphetamine Test Cassette
- Cocaine Dipstrip Urine Test
- SmokeCheck Cotinine/Nicotine Test
- See More at Netdrugtest.com
- List of Essential office Equipment
Monthly Expenses To Consider:
For certification see: Datia.org
Approximate Minimum Startup Cost:
Bare essential – Starting is relatively inexpensive. You can start for just under a couple thousand dollars if you have a location. All you need is supplies, and certification, basic office equipment, signage etc, to get started.
Pros and Cons:
- Many companies are requiring employees to be tested on a regular basis as most are now drug-free environments and would prefer to have an external service to come in and perform drug testing.
- Stable business model
- Low-cost start-up
- The biggest problem is that in some states this service is illegal outside of a laboratory or must be conducted by a physician. So, this business may not be an option in your state. You can easily check with OHS Inc. to ensure that in your state you are eligible to operate this type of service.
- You may be consistently dealing with drug-addicted individuals
- You may not like working with blood and urine samples
- It takes time to build a good reputation and gain market share
Type of Customers You Need to Attract:
Your clientele will consist of companies, for the most part, since corporations request drug screenings for employees according to their own rules and regulations for hiring and consistent employment.