A Quick Overview The Press Release Distubiton Business
If you have a way with words, the informative writing style of press releases may be for you. This business is especially good for people who like to network.
A press release distribution service prides itself on creating compelling copy that catches the eye of the larger media. This often takes the form of introducing new products and keeping the media informed of the news.
The format of a press release is strictly defined, and you must follow it. The most important information is given first. You’re assuming that an editor is looking over the title and first description line for a moment before “disappearing” into yesterday’s news and something to be archived online.
To really be effective, you should have a good feel for what it means to read a ton of press releases. Subscribe to an RSS feed of releases to get a feel for how an editor views news stories.
- Journalistic writing background
- News tracking for top stories, and what people are talking about
- How to write to keep the readers’ attention
- List of Common Business Skills
Employee & Job Consideration During The Start-Up Phase Or In The Future:
- PR specialist
- Common Staff Positions Needed To Run Some Businesses
Equipment, Supplies, & Services During Start-up OR In The Future:
Approximate Minimum Startup Cost :
Tips & Considerations:
- You’ll certainly need to create enough examples of your work to get prospective clients who are willing to pay market rates for press release distribution work. If starting out slow, you may need to charge budget prices to gain market share.
- Make sure you have an impressive portfolio aimed at the target audiences you want to work for.
- You’ll need to build up a library of good samples for your prospective clients. Thankfully, you can do almost all of your marketing online.
Pros and Cons:
- It’s an exciting field
- An excellent outlet for creative and professional writers
- Can be easily expanded into an article and other business writing services
- Is not impacted by the economy
- Good writing for businesses is in high demand
- Work hours are fairly flexible
- You will be competing against free, online press release services
- Finding good writers/journalists can be difficult
Type of Customers:
Business owners looking to get press coverage about their business, product or service will be your main customer.
You should check the competition in the areas where you wish to do business to see what the going rate is.
See what sort of prices are offered for different types of press release distribution work. Online, you will be dealing with worldwide competition. There may be more money to be had by dealing with real, live people in your local market.