Since you’re reading this, you’ve probably seen the movie Limitless, where the character Edward Morra is given a brain-enhancing pill given to him by the ex-brother-in-law that he hasn’t seen in years and bumps into on the street by coincidence. He uses this newfound power to transform himself from a lost soul to a prominent figure in society.
Studies have shown that we only use 10 percent of our brain, but in this movie, using a brain enhancing drug called NZT allows us to use all 100 percent of our brain. Down the hatch, and in 30 seconds, you are a genius.
It’s a movie I enjoy watching again and again — nine times and counting — even though the film has a bunch of plot holes . . . such as, if someone came up with a pill like that, why would they put it on the market, and not keep it for themselves? Another example is, if I was ten times as smart and made over $2 million in 10 days, wouldn’t I remember to pay off my loan shark? Anyway, no plot is perfect.
Every time I watch, I can’t help but to Google “Pills like Limitless.” Still no luck, nothing close.
But what if there were such a pill? What are the possibilities?
- You could find solutions to your most pressing problems.
- You would be able to see things from a variety of perspectives.
- You could access your memory for all the information you picked up during your lifetime.
- You could learn new things at an exponential rate.
- You could quickly dive into any topic you want.
- You could work on world problems and come up with solutions.
- You could build your wealth.
- You would become a social encyclopedia.
- You would see things clearly and be focused.
- And the list goes on, only restricted by your imagination.
As long as I can remember, I have always been a fan of self-development, not physical development — more along the way of mental enhancement, and that’s why I’m such a fan of the movie Limitless.
But here’s another way of looking at it.
Sure, it would be awesome to have all the abilities this wonder pill provides — just put the side effects aside — but would you be happy? Would your life be so much better?
You would probably be better off financially, would have advantages to get ahead in life, would be able to solve your problems, live comfortably and do what you want, live to enjoy life vs. living day by day to try and get ahead.
BUT . . .
Would you be happy?
If you want to live alone and not interact with anyone, you may think you’d be happy, but we all need friends, family, and relationships, don’t we? Even if you like being alone, don’t you interact with people? You always do. When you read, watch a movie, listen to music, even though you are not in direct contact while doing these things, in a way, you are reacting according to what other people have created.
And here’s my point.
If you’re ten times smarter than everyone else you’re in contact with, you could be miserable! As mentioned in the paragraph above, if you’re reading, watching a movie, listening to music, when you’re ten times smarter, you’ll be able to see more flaws in everything.
- A book plot that doesn’t make sense.
- A song, when you analyze the lyrics.
- A movie that’s missing the big idea,
It would be frustrating.
If you do enjoy being around people, and now you’re ten times smarter than they are, what kind of relationship can you expect? You would have a hard time because of the difference in intelligence.
- You would need to explain yourself over and over again.
- You would have to dumb things down.
- You would feel like you’re being held back by the people you love spending time with.
- You would see fault in people’s thinking and reasoning.
- You could be correcting people over and over again.
You’ve heard the saying, “ignorance is bliss.” Well, that can be the case in this situation. Even though with the help of a pill, you could become a genius, you may still struggle to find peace and happiness.
Take a few minutes to think about how fortunate you are with the relationships you have now with your friends and your family. To me, that’s worth a lot more than being ten times as smart as everyone else around me.
That’s The Way I See It
The Latest About The Limitless Pill
In this section, you’ll be able to stay up to date on the latest related to this topic, including the latest news, Google searches, videos, what people are tweeting, and more.