A Collection of Web Pages About Starting A Travel Agency
How To Start A Travel Agency
Included in this post, I have chosen articles and resources to give you an overall understanding of what’s needed to start and run your own travel agent, but first, a few points.
If you have a knack for setting up travel deals, dream vacations, and events, then starting your own travel agency may be the right move for you.
In the days before the web, travel agencies were flourishing, but today I see it as a dying industry, because airlines, hotels, rental car companies, etc. allow you to book online. With sites like Expedia, Priceline, Travaglio, Tripadvisor, and Kayak, which search for the best deals in minutes and that makes the job of a travel agent ineffective.
Travel agencies have been on the decline in the past few years. If you’re just going to book travel, well, anyone can do that online, and it will be difficult for you to make any money and compete in the travel industry.
If you’re still set on opening a travel agency, bring something to the market that doesn’t exist.
Here’s an example of the top of my head.
Set up a vacation package to Vegas that includes a lot of activities, in one package price.
Your vacation package can get your group into popular places that are hard to get into if you just show up at the door. If you can get a large group together, you could even include a tour guide that will guide them throughout the entire vacation. You could also find those hidden activities that will make the trip one to remember. Make sure you cover every detail of the event. The travelers just have to show up and everything else is taking care.
Another example is to set something up for like-minded people. For example, people over 50, singles, business people, bird watchers, sports enthusiasts, automotive enthusiasts, history buffs, etc. This turns out to be a social event and as well as a vacation. These were just a couple of examples of how you can survive as a travel agent in a dying industry.
Have a look at the resources I’ve collected that will help you decide if a travel agency is the right business for you to start.
Sections Included In This Post:
- How To Start A Travel Agency
- Is Running A Travel Agency The Right Move For You?
- A Day In The Life of Travel Agency Owner
- Travel Agency Pros and Cons
- Travel Agency Startup Costs
- Profitability and Revenue of A Travel Agency
- Travel Agency Trends
- Tips For Running A Travel Agency
- Tips For Marketing A Travel Agency
- Skill Set Needed To Run A Travel Agency
- Licenses Needed To Run A Travel Agency
- Travel Agency Insurance
- Travel Agency Software
- Travel Agency Plan
- Travel Agency Marketing Plan
- Travel Agency Business Cards
- Travel Agency Logo
- Travel Agency Blogs To Follow
- Travel Agency Glossaries
- Travel Agency Businesses For Sale
- Travel Agency Franchise Opportunities
- The Latest About Starting A Travel Agency
- Books Related To Starting A Travel Agency
- Tweets Related To Starting A Travel Agency
- Videos Related To Starting A Travel Agency
If you find this post useful, please share it or bookmark it for future use.